FOOD BLOG RESTAURANT BLOG TRAVEL BLOG

Friday, February 2, 2007

The Eating Establishment

317 Main Street, Park City, Utah

I guess this place has been open since 1972, but more importantly it's stayed more or less the same each time I've been to Park City (the first time, 1996). I've only been there for the Sundance Film Festival, so that's the only Park City I know, but I've noticed over the last decade increasing expensive, fancy places, as well as the deterioration and decline of other places. So every time I've been there I've gone to The Eating Establishment for breakfast and it kind of makes me feel at home. It's a rare combination of pretty good food, large portions, and not-too-expensive.

It's open all day, but I've only been there for breakfast. During the film festival, if you don't get there early, you'll have to wait-- it's pretty popular. On this recent visit, when declining the toast, I mentioned it was because I wasn't avoiding carbohydrates, but was gluten intolerant. The waiter then brought me extra potatoes AND a cup of fruit to compensate. That's a really good way to get on my good side!

No comments: